Our commonly used fabrics
1. Cotton for sewing machine: plant fiber, the main advantages are moisture absorption, good air permeability, comfortable to wear, but cotton is easy to wrinkle, cannot be dyed bright colors, easy to fade, fast aging, will shrink to a certain extent after washing, poor elasticity, poor resistance , Strong alkali resistance, easy to grow mildew, but resistant to insects.
2. Hemp for sewing machine: Since hemp fabric is a plant fiber, its characteristics are basically similar to cotton fabric, but the cloth surface of hemp fabric is smoother, smoother and more elastic.
, Good air permeability, strong moisture absorption and heat dissipation.
(1) The strength, thermal conductivity and hygroscopicity of hemp plants are greater than those of cotton fabrics, which are tough, durable, sweat-absorbing and refreshing;
(2) Good anti-fungal performance, good water-resistant performance, not easy to be eroded by water and moldy.
(3) The sensitivity to acid and alkali is low, and the elasticity of hemp fiber is poor among various natural fibers;
(4) The ironing temperature of hemp fabric is 170~195 degrees, and it can be ironed directly on the reverse side after spraying water.
Washing knowledge: Similar to the maintenance method of cotton, you can hang it to dry directly without wringing water after washing.
3. Wool fabrics for sewing machines.
(1) Strong and wear-resistant: The surface of wool fiber is protected by a layer of scales, which makes the fabric have good wear resistance and hard and tough texture;
(2) Light weight and good warmth retention: the relative density of wool is smaller than that of cotton, therefore, the same size and thickness of clothing, wool fabrics appear lighter
Wool is a poor conductor of heat, so wool fabrics have better warmth retention, especially milled woolen wool, which stands flat on the surface.
The fluff can resist the invasion of cold air from the outside, and make the heat generated by the human body not easily radiated; (3) Good elasticity and anti-wrinkle performance:
Wool has natural curling properties, high resilience, and good elasticity of the fabric. After ironing and setting, the garments sewn with wool fabrics are not easy to fold.
Wrinkle, can keep the skin flat and crisp and beautiful for a long time, but sometimes the phenomenon of hairball occurs.
(4) Strong hygroscopicity and comfortable wearing: wool fabrics have strong hygroscopicity and can absorb the moisture discharged from the human body, so they feel dry and comfortable when wearing.
(5) Not easy to fade: velvet fabrics are generally dyed with high technology, so that the dyeing penetrates into the inner layer of the fiber, and the fabric can be preserved for a long time.
Keep the color fresh.
(6) Dirt resistance: Because there are scales on the surface to hide dust, no static electricity.
(7) The alkali resistance is poor, because animal protein is prone to mildew and insects in the wet state, and it is difficult to wash. After washing, it will shrink and deform, and it can only be dried.
Washing knowledge: wash with special silk wool detergent, need pad cloth or steam ironing, first iron the reverse side and then iron the front side, otherwise it will appear“aurora”
4. Silk for sewing machine: good luster, bright and luxurious color, light and soft fabric, suitable for summer clothing, good hygroscopicity, cool and natural
Contains silk protein for close-fitting skin health benefits.
The disadvantage is that it shrinks, is easy to wrinkle, is easy to fade after washing and needs to be ironed, and the storage of clothes requires special
Note, use acidic detergents when washing.
Washing knowledge: wash with special silk wool detergent, hang to dry in the shade, iron at 150 degrees Celsius.
5. Polyester for sewing machine:
(1) Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery ability.
Not only is it strong and durable, but it also resists wrinkle and ironing after washing.
(2) Polyester fabric has low hygroscopicity, and it is very convenient to wash and dry quickly during wearing and use. After wet, the strength does not decrease, and it does not deform. It has good
Washable and wearable.
(3) The disadvantage of polyester fabrics is that the permeability is poor, and it is easy to generate static electricity and bright dust when wearing, and has poor melting resistance.
Contact with soot and sparks immediately forms holes during use. However, the above shortcomings can be obtained on fabrics blended with cotton, wool, silk, hemp and viscose fibers.
(4) Polyester fabric has good abrasion resistance and thermoplasticity.
Therefore, the pleated and shape-retaining garments made are better. Washing knowledge: suitable for all kinds of washing
agent, need to pad cloth or steam ironing, otherwise it will appear“mirror”or fabric softening, ironing temperature at 180——220 degrees Celsius bottom.
6. Nylon for sewing machines: Nylon competes with synthetic fabrics due to its excellent wear resistance and light weight.
occupy an important position.
(1) The abrasion resistance of nylon fabric ranks first among all kinds of natural fiber and chemical fiber fabrics. Similar products are 10 times higher than cotton and viscose fabrics, and higher than pure
Wool fabrics are 20 times taller and about 4 times taller than polyester fabrics.
Its strength is also high with minimal drop in wet strength. Therefore, nylon pure and blended fabrics
All have good durability.
(2) Nylon fabric has better hygroscopicity among synthetic fiber fabrics, so its wearing comfort and dyeability are better than polyester fabrics.
(3) Nylon fabric is light in texture, and it is used in clothing to add a sense of lightness.
(4) Nylon fabric has excellent elasticity and elastic recovery, but it is easy to deform under small external force. Therefore, it is difficult to set the pleats of the garment, and the wearing process is difficult.
Easy to wrinkle under stress.
(5) Nylon fabric has poor heat resistance and light resistance, so pay attention to washing, ironing and taking conditions during use to avoid damage.
Washing knowledge: suitable for all kinds of detergents, need pad cloth or steam ironing, do not use too much force when ironing and washing, ironing temperature is 150——
180 degrees Celsius.
7. Acrylic fiber for sewing machine:
(1) Acrylic fiber has the reputation of synthetic wool, and its elasticity and bulkiness are comparable to those of natural wool.
Acrylic fabric is not only stiff and wrinkle-resistant, but also warm
better. The thermal insulation test results show that the thermal insulation of acrylic fabrics is about 15% higher than that of similar wool fabrics.
(2) The light resistance of acrylic fabric ranks first among various fibers.
Silk, nylon, viscose and wool fabrics that have been exposed to sunlight for one year have been basically destroyed
, while the strength of acrylic fabric only decreased by about 20%.
(3) The color of acrylic fiber fabric is bright, and it can be blended with wool in an appropriate proportion to make the appearance color and not affect the hand feeling.
(4) Acrylic fabric has good heat resistance, it ranks second in synthetic fiber, and has acid resistance and oxidant resistance, so it has a wide range of use.
(5) Among synthetic fabrics, acrylic fabrics are lighter.
(6) Acrylic fabrics have poor hygroscopicity, feel stuffy when wearing, and are less comfortable.
(7) The structure of acrylic fiber determines that its fabric has poor wear resistance, and it is a product with poor wear resistance among chemical fiber fabrics (the washing and maintenance method is similar to nylon)
8. Viscose fiber for sewing machine
(1) Viscose fiber has excellent comfort properties: moisture absorption, breathability, softness, drapability, and the moisture absorption performance of viscose fiber fabric is in the chemical fiberization.
Yes, its wearability and dyeing are better than synthetic fabrics
(2) The viscose fiber fabric is soft to the touch and bright in color, which is superior to other chemical fiber fabrics, and has a gorgeous and noble feeling.
(3) Ordinary viscose fabric has good sag, but poor stiffness, resilience and wrinkle resistance.
(4) The dry and wet strength of the fiber-rich fabric is higher than that of the ordinary viscose fabric, and the stiffness and wrinkle resistance are also good.
The color is slightly less bright, generally printed in monochrome
Flowers are better.
(5) High wet modulus viscose fiber fabric, soft to the touch, smooth surface, small deformation in wet state, good abrasion resistance, resistance to washing and resistance
Alkali, cotton-containing blends can be mercerized.
(6) The new environmentally friendly Tencel fiber combines the advantages of cotton, washing and viscose fibers. It is soft to the touch, has good wrinkle resistance, strong moisture absorption and air permeability.
The foreign trade name of Tencel fiber is
(7) Most of the materials are chemically processed from wood, cotton linters, reeds and other materials containing natural cellulose, which have poor shape retention. washing
The maintenance method is similar to nylon.
9. Spandex elastic fabrics for sewing machines refer to fabrics containing spandex fibers.
Sex, is a relatively expensive material.
Therefore, the proportion of mixed spandex is different, and the elasticity of the fabric is also different. Spandex stretch fabric has 1%
——45% elastic range, which can integrate the curvaceous beauty of the clothing shape and the comfort of wearing. Its appearance style, moisture absorption,
The air permeability is close to that of various natural fiber products..